“I can't exactly go back to the same target I just came from,” you argue. “Give me another one, and I'll do it this time. But it's suicide to go back there now.” \n\nLocust doesn't even seem to give your request a moments consideration. “No. This one needs to be done. Tell them you had an emergency call, that you had to leave unexpectedly. Do I need to write a script for you, too? This is a job for someone highly skilled. If that isn't you, you should let me know now.” \n\nA nasty glare is about all you can manage for a moment. [[It could work|accept returning]], pretending you had a reason to leave. It's not like they chased you out. But would they believe it? Or was it better to call this job a lost cause, and [[quit working for this uncompromising asshole|refuse work]]?
[img[way point.jpg]]\n“This had better be correct. I didn't see you try to use the terminal at all. If this isn't the right person, we're fucked. You get that, right? They will not take kindly to the money they gave me going to waste, and you and I will most likely end up dead. So please tell me this is [[Lucas Ayres,”|right person]] Locust says in a stern tone. He doesn't seem to trust you in the slightest. Not that you can completely blame him for thinking you got [[the wrong one.|wrong person]]
The drive is nerve wracking, and silent. The car leaves the city behind and when it finally stops, it is in front of a large house. The driver gets out of the vehicle, and opens the door for you and Locust. Once the both of you are out, he then escorts you inside the house, and into what seems to be a parlor. Everything looks completely untouched, pristine. Tables and couches that look like they'd never been used. \n\nA woman rises from her seat as you enter, a cold smile on her lips. She is older, but aging gracefully. “Thank you for coming, Locust. I had not expected your....partner here, but they are welcome as well,” she says in a smooth and even tone. \n\nHer disarming words and appearance almost make you forget about the guards around the house. You'd seen two on your way in, and another sits in the parlor with her. There is certain to be others around as well. \n\n“I have him, as we promised.” Locust pulls the flash key from his pocket, holding it out for her to see. \n\n“Very good. I'm sure you wouldn't object to a cursory glance over the information, to make sure it is genuine.” The client requests. \n\n“Of course not. I stand behind my promises.” Locust replies. He means to hand it to her, but the security guard at her side takes it instead and places it into the small laptop that is at rest on the sofa. \n\nThis is the moment of truth. Either they buy it and the both of your leave a several thousand richer, [[or you are found out, and most likely dead.|escape the client]]
[img[computer room.jpg]]\nThe door opens, swinging inward to almost smash against you. Thankfully, they do seem to look forward, and don't immediately notice you. It's just two of them. Good, they'll be easy to outrun. Once they both clear the door, you grab it before it can swing shut, and walk back out into the hall as calmly as possible. You walk with purpose, but not like you're actively trying to get away. Hopefully you can make it out of the building before they catch on. \n\nNo such luck. As soon as you get to the end of the hall, you hear the two guards call out at you from the door you just left. “Stop right there!” they shout. There's no way in hell you're getting caught now. You break in to an all out run. They try to chase you, but you're faster. Instead, one of them makes a call to the front to put the place on lock down. They're going to bar the exits, [[you need to speed up.|run like hell]]
[img[lobby space.jpg]]\nAs the receptionist checks your credentials, your stomach ties into knots. You have a bad feeling about this job. Your attire isn't formal enough. The receptionist is having trouble with your ID. Locust swore it would read as legitimate, but he was never very fond of you. Maybe this time he made sure you'd get caught. The staff seems suspicious of you and you need to move quickly. The target is just down the hall, behind one more locked door. Is it [[worth the risk|worth it]], [[or not|not worth it]]? \n\n
The car leaves the city behind and when it finally stops, it is in front of a large house. The driver gets out of the vehicle, and opens the door for you and Locust. Once the both of you are out, he then escorts you inside the house, and into what seems to be a parlor. Everything looks completely untouched, pristine. Tables and couches that look like they'd never been used. \n\nA woman rises from her seat as you enter, a cold smile on her lips. She is older, but aging gracefully. “Thank you for coming, Locust. I had not expected your....partner here, but they are welcome as well,” she says in a smooth and even tone. \n\nHer disarming words and appearance almost make you forget about the guards around the house. You'd seen two on your way in, and another sits in the parlor with her. There is certain to be others around as well. \n\n“I have him, as we promised.” Locust pulls the flash key from his pocket, holding it out for her to see. \n\n“Very good. I'm sure you wouldn't object to a cursory glance over the information, to make sure it is genuine.” The client requests. \n\n“Of course not. I stand behind my promises.” Locust replies. He means to hand it to her, but the security guard at her side takes it instead, [[and places it into the small laptop that had been at rest on the sofa.|the end]]
[img[sewers.jpg]]\nThe sewers smell predictably terrible, but it got you out of harms way. Now you just need to get to the way point. The tunnels vary on how well constructed they are, as well as how tall and wide. Walking through some are easily manageable, while others make you severely regret this decision. Eventually, you decide it's time to look topside to see how far off the mark you've come. \n\nYou climb a ladder back toward the surface, trying not to use your injured arm as much as possible. When it's time to move the man hole cover, it turns out they're far too heavy to shove over with just one arm. You'll have to deal with a bit more pain before this is all over. With a grimace, you finally push the heavy plate off to the side and listen for cars. It seems silent enough, so you poke your head out and see where you are. About three blocks away from the way point. That isn't too bad. You can probably go on foot on the streets from here. \n\nGetting the rest of the way out, you replace the cover so as to not give them anything to work with to track you and make your way down the streets, taking off a few articles of clothing. You'd worn layers, and now it was paying off. Sometimes even something as small as an outfit change was enough to hide you from the corner of a person's eye. Down to a simple shirt and shorts, you get the added benefit of ridding yourself of a bit of the sewer stench. [[Now you can carry on.|waypoint alt]]
[img[computer room.jpg]]\nBefore he has a chance to reach for his phone or call out to anyone in the hall, you lunge forward and, after a short struggle, manage to grab him in a choke hold long enough to put him down. He needs to be out of sight of the cameras when they turn back on later. You drag him off to a corner and leave him there to finish your work. Thankfully, in the time it took to take him down, the file had finished transferring. You take the flash key out of the drive and pocket it once more. [[You need to get out of here quickly.|leave building]]
[img[computer room.jpg]]\n“I'm almost done here, please don't open the door. You could let in debris and undo everything,” you reply, hoping that sounded official enough. \n\n“What's going to fly in there, fucking soda cans? This isn't a back alley. I'm coming in,” they reply. You hear the chirp of the electronic lock recognizing a keycard. Shit. Well, now it's do or die. [[Do you yank the flash key|remove flash key]], [[or leave it and hope they don't notice?|leave key in drive]]
[img[way point.jpg]]\nWhen he says the person's name, a wave of relief washes over you. You picked the right one. “Yes, it is Lucas. I know exactly what's on the line here, I wouldn't ruin this,” you reply. \n\n“Good, because if you'd gotten the wrong one, there would be no way for us to get back in that hell hole and get the right person,” Locust replied, placing the flash key in his computer just to double check. Of course he doesn't trust you to tell the truth. After a moment of silence, you see his frame relax and know he's relieved to see it is indeed the correct person. \n\n“So what happens now?” You ask. You've done your part of the deal. You assume he wants to be rid of you as soon as possible. But you don't know how much you trust him to pay you. \n\n“I turn this in to our employers, and we disappear for a while,” he replies. He pauses for a moments consideration. “Do you want to [[meet them?”|go to see client]] he offers. You're not sure. A part of you would really rather [[just go home.|go home]]
[img[way point.jpg]]\nWhen he says the person's name, a knot forms in your stomach. Shit. “......No..” the word is painful to speak. \n\nYou see his hand holding the flash key shake, clenching around the small object. “Then who is THIS?!” Locust shouts, shoving the drive into your chest. “Our fucking death sentence, that's what!” he finishes. \n\nThe key drops to the ground and you pick it up. “Look, this Lucy person has to be valuable, too; we should be able to pawn her off just as easily!” you try and reason with him. \n\n“This isn't a negotiation! We were hired to get a one Lucas Ayers. Not Lucy whoever the hell that is. We're dead now, I hope you know that. We can't get back in there to fix YOUR mess,” he rambles at you. \n\n“Well....what if we tell them it's Lucas, and just get out before they figure it out?” You offer desperately. \n\n“You idiot, do you really think someone would pay a bunch of money just to take my word for it that it's the right person? They're going to check it before letting me go.” Locust snapped back. \n\n“Well, can't you fake enough of it for a sample?” You're running out of ideas. \n\nLocust seems to pause. “....Perhaps....” he replies. He picks the key up off of the dirt floor and after a bit of pacing, [[shoves it back into his computer.|improvising]]
[img[computer room.jpg]]\nYou leave the key in the drive, but shut the case. The little lights on the flash key are still visible, but hopefully they just won't be that observant. When the IT opens the door, you stand in front of the case with the still working key, hoping to block it from his sight. “Go ahead then,” you gesture to the main terminal. He gives you an incredulous look, but passes by and boots up the terminal to take a look. \n\nIt doesn't take him long to find the source. “One of the drives seems to be active...” he mumbles. The IT brings up the same name as the one you're currently trying to copy, and looks at you, through you. He knows. [[You need to act now, before he makes a call.|take down IT]]
You throw the fake ID back in his face, and tear off the few amplifiers he'd given you for the job, along with the little trinkets he'd been using to track you. “Take your work and shove it up your ass,” you growl before turning around and storming back out the way you came. You don't need this kind of stress. There's got to be some honest work for a person like you out there....
You get back to the safe house, empty handed. He already knows, he's been keeping track of you the whole time. Locust's face is rife with annoyance. “What do I pay you for, exactly? I'm starting to forget. This is the third time you've done this.” He's worked up now, and you know the rant. It involves threatening to fire you, how the chance of being arrested is part of the job, on and on. “Now either [[get back out there and do the job|argue working same job]], or turn in the card I gave you, and [[get out of my sight|refuse work]],” he demands.
[img[home.jpg]]\n“I think I'm going to sit this one out,” you answer. You're tired, and ready to be done with this task. \n\n“Alright then. I will wire you payment when I return,” Locust replies. You think you catch the slightest hint of disappointment in his voice, but don't think too much of it. \n\nThe two of your part ways, and you head home, taking the long way back. The silence of your small apartment is welcome, and much needed. You think you can trust Locust to pay you. He'll most likely want to use you again, even if he doesn't much care for you. He seems like the type more willing to work with the evil he knows. And if he does decide to 'forget' to pay you, you know where he lives....
[img[way point.jpg]]\nYou're close to the way point. You can see the roof of it just a few blocks off. It's a squat, unassuming building. It's been out of use for years and off the main drag of the city. You just need to get there without attracting any attention, making sure to leave behind your pursuers. You make it across a few more roof tops and then take a moment to look around. It looks like you've lost them. Climbing down another fire escape, you walk down the alley connected to the road the way point is on. Still no one. It may actually be safe to drop off the data. \n\nAfter one more look around, you climb the chain link fence that surrounds the perimeter of the building and walk through the muddy lawn. It's an old scrap yard, and the soil is red with rust. The building itself is barely put together, the metal sheeting slowly rotting away. Sliding the door open, you see Locust. He's been waiting for you, laptop open, tracking your movements. Out in public he doesn't dare show his face, even here. A mask hides his identity, not looking too unlike his namesake. His hair is hidden under the hood of his jacket, but a few stray blue dreads escape it. “Do you have it?” He asks, holding out his hand. You pull the flash key from your pocket, and [[place it in his palm.|who is it]]
RE:Live
[img[home.jpg]]\n“I think I'm going to sit this one out,” you answer. You're tired, and ready to be done with this task. \n\n“Alright then. I will wire you payment when I return,” Locust replies. You think you catch the slightest hint of disappointment in his voice, but don't think too much of it. \n\nThe two of your part ways, and you head home, taking the long way back. The silence of your small apartment is welcome, and much needed. You think you can trust Locust to pay you. He'll most likely want to use you again, even if he doesn't much care for you. He seems like the type more willing to work with the evil he knows. And if he does decide to 'forget' to pay you, you know where he lives....
Once the data completely transfers, the computer is handed off to the client, who looks over it. A soft smile spreads across her lips as she looks through the information. “Yes, this is him. This is my Lucas.” A few tears well up in her eyes. “Even if this job was for more practical reasons, I am still happy to see him brought back to me. Those Relive people would have taken my entire life savings just to let me have any piece of him back. Thank you, Locust,” she says, her eyes moving up to look to him, or rather the mask that he hides behind. \n\n“I am glad to see you satisfied. I don't profit from making false promises,” he answers. \n\nOnce everything checks out, the two of you are free to go, driven back into the city once more. Locust requests to have the two of you dropped back off at the way point. He is no fool. He isn't going to be driven all the way to his home. \n\nAfter the driver lets the two of you out, Locust spares you a glance before reluctantly holding his hand out. “Job mostly well done. You will have your payment shortly,” he says. You take his hand and shake it before parting ways. \n\nWhen you return home, the silence of your small apartment is welcome, and much needed. You think you can trust Locust to pay you. He'll most likely want to use you again, even if he doesn't much care for you. He seems like the type more willing to work with the evil he knows. And if he does decide to 'forget' to pay you, you know where he lives....
[img[computer room.jpg]]\nYou go with Lucas. That sounds about right. If it isn't, maybe you'll be able to convince Locust this person is also somehow important. Anyone who's in this place should be worth something. Quickly, you jam the flash key you kept hidden in your pocket into the drive and will the files to download faster than the agonizing pace they're currently going at. \n\nThe knock comes again, this time with more force. They're done giving you the benefit of the doubt. On the other side of the door, you're almost sure they're ready to grab and question you. The flash key is moving agonizingly slow. You hear the slide of a security card, and the chirp of the door granting them access. They're done waiting. They're going to come and get you. Just as you hear the door latch click, you see the key finish copying the files. Snatching it out of the drive and shutting the case, you back up against the wall next to the door. The room has no windows, no other way out besides that door. If you're lucky, they'll be too focused looking ahead to notice you, and you can [[slip out....|escape into hall]]
[img[way point.jpg]]\nAfter what seems to feel like hours, the quiet sound of Locust's fingers tapping away on keys stops. He'd pushed his mask up to work, exposing his pale face and inhuman eyes. One of those trans-humanists who were desperate to become artificial enough to be called a cyborg. It was almost like someone had swapped the colors in his eyes, his corneas blue, and his irises white. It is unsettling to you. He leans back in his aluminum folding chair, and sighs. “Well, I did what I can. Now we just have to pray they're not thorough,” he said finally. \n\nHe pulls the flash key out of his computer, slides his bug-faced mask back over his own and stands. “Let's go.” You get no option out of this, not now anyway. Maybe if you'd gotten the right name, you could go home, take a shower. But now you have to go face your possible death. \n\nLocust folds up his laptop, slips it under his jacket and goes to leave the building. You obediently follow, knowing you have to own up to your mistake. “We should....stay off the streets.” you mention. \n\n“Right, because you pissed off the entire company with that idiotic escape of yours. You're fortunate I was able to hack the security long enough to make sure you got out,” Locust answers. “Fear not, we won't be on foot.” He finishes, walking up to a sleek black car. “Our employers are gracious enough to escort us to our demise.” \n\nThe window of the driver side of the car rolls down and Locust speaks a phrase, waiting for the driver to finish it, which he does. All is well, for now at least. He gets into the car, and you follow suit. Once you shut the door, it locks, and [[the car starts moving.|moment of truth]]
“I'll come with you,” you decide. It would be interesting to see the face of the kinds of people who request this kind of insane task. \n\n“Alright then,” he replies. “They're waiting for us. Come on.” Locust folds up his laptop, slips it under his jacket and goes to leave the building. Once the two of you are back on the road, he walks up to a sleek black car. The window of the driver side of the car rolls down and Locust speaks a phrase, waiting for the driver to finish it, which he does. He gets into the car, and you follow suit. Once you shut the door, it locks, and the car [[starts moving.|talking to client]]
[img[rooftops.jpg]]\nThe roof tops would be safer. They'd never think to look up, and in the streets, they'd just mow you down with a car. After a dash down the alley next to the building, you find a fire escape ladder, and scramble up the side of the building. The rungs are rusted, and a few threaten to give way under your weight. Eventually you make it to the roof top, and take a moment to get an idea of your surroundings. You should be able to reach the way point easily, if you're careful. One step at a time, you go from walking to running and finally to leaping to the next roof. One roof at a time, you make your way. You can hear them searching for you below to no avail. It may not be long before they take to the skies though, so you need to [[keep up your quick pace.|waypoint]]
[img[computer room.jpg]]\nYou'll have to pull the key. You're already walking on thin ice with this company, don't give them any more reason to get upset with you. “One second,” you call back. Pulling the key out of the drive, you shut the case and go to open the door. The person on the other side of the door clearly looks like they belong to tech support. This could be worse. He goes to the main terminal, and boots it up. Silently, you pray Locust had completely left the system, and not left any kind of trace. \n\n“That's odd,” the IT says. “It's down now.” He looks to you, “You haven't been using any of the power in here, have you? Aren't you just checking ventilation and cooling?"\n\nYou shrug casually. “Maybe I hit a wire, I don't know. But it wasn't me.” \n\nHe frowns. “I think I might stay here to keep an eye on it for a bit. Go ahead and finish whatever you were doing. I'll lock up after you,” he says, going back to looking over the monitor. Damn, he's not leaving. You need the rest of that data. [[You could knock him out, and finish the job.|take down IT]] But that leaves very obvious evidence of wrong doing. But what other choice do you have, besides leaving with the job only half done?
[img[lobby space.jpg]]\nYou show back up at the corporate building after your about face earlier and try to explain to the front desk that you'd forgotten some supplies back at the office and ended up getting caught in traffic on the way back. It's a thin excuse, but it seems to work well enough. The front desk receptionist points you toward the [[hall to head down|worth it]], and after you leave, makes a phone call....
[img[lobby space.jpg]]\nYou take a moment to smooth your clothes and fix your hair before calmly opening the door, and heading back toward the lobby. Outside of this one hiccup, things have gone relatively smoothly and you're in the home stretch. Just a little further, and you'll be free. As you pass the receptionist and tell her your work is done, she hands you an invoice to sign. You fake a signature, bid her farewell, and exit the building. Once you're outside, you take a deep breath to let the nerves work themselves out. It's done. Now you just have to get to the way point and [[drop off the cargo.|waypoint safe]]
“Fine, I'll go back,” you snap at him, turning to leave. This job just became a hell of a lot more difficult. But you need the money, [[and the target IS worth a lot.....|return excuse]]
[img[computer room.jpg]]\nYou can't take the risk of the computer locking you out and possibly alerting security. You'll just have to do things the old fashioned way, with your eyes. You look around and realize just how many drives there are in here. There must be hundreds. What was his name again? Luke......Liam....Shit. You don't remember. This is bad. Locust only told you ten times. You can't ask him now. He refused keeping any kind of radio contact with you. Not that it would get through anyway, with how these rooms were built. Maybe looking at the names on the drives will jog your memory. You open one of the cases covering a wall of small drives, and read the electronic displays on the first row. Jason, Elizabeth, Mary, Dana....It started with an L, you're almost sure....Looking to the right you see the number of drives left on just this wall. [[Well, here's hoping no one worries about the time it's taking you to do what they think is maintenance...|lucas or]]
[img[computer room.jpg]]\nYou make your way over to the neatly labeled rows and columns of little whirring machines, connecting the letter and number given to pin point your target. After just a moments searching, you find him, the small drive reading “Lucas Ayers” in small digital letters. You open the case keeping you from him. Now all you have to do is download the target. But downloading a whole person isn't easy, and it takes time. Taking a small device from your pocket, you insert it into the matching port on the drive. A small status bar on the device informs you of its progress. Locust had invented this miniature flash key just to pull off these heists. It could break through any security protecting the drives and take what they needed without leaving any proof of a break in. \n\nHalfway through the download, and knock comes from the door. “We're detecting an influx of power in one of the cases, we need to get in there to give it a look,” a voice calls. You still have a ways to go, and you can't just leave the flash key in the drive. [[Do you try and stall them from coming in|wait and see]], [[or remove the key and hope you get another chance?|remove flash key]]
Once you make it outside, you set Locust down by the car, fish the keys out of the driver's pockets, and try and start the car. No good. The EMP fried it as well. Now you have to try and run away while carrying a rather heavy adult person. This is not ideal. But at least you are still alive. You'll get him home. The money had still been wired earlier, and you wouldn't get your share with out him alive. That is enough reason to endure the race back to the city. You have a good head start. And even with the extra weight, you are sure you can make it...
[img[way point.jpg]]\nAfter carefully traversing the next few blocks, making sure to take the most round about way there, you get to the way point. It seems safe; you don't see anyone following you, or any cars parked where they shouldn't be. \n\nAfter one more look around, you climb the chain link fence that surrounds the perimeter of the building and walk through the muddy lawn. It's an old scrap yard and the soil is red with rust. The building its self is barely put together, the metal sheeting slowly rotting away. Sliding the door open, you see Locust. He's been waiting for you, laptop open, tracking your movements. Out in public he doesn't dare show his face, even here. A mask hides his identity, not looking too unlike his namesake. His hair is hidden under the hood of his jacket, but a few stray blue dreads escape it. “Do you have it?” He asks, holding out his hand. You pull the flash key from your pocket, and [[place it in his palm.|right person safe]]
While the information downloads, you feel the buzz of your phone in your pocket. Who could possibly be texting you now? You catch Locust looking at you out of the corner of your eye. It must be him. His hands are in his jacket pockets. \n\nAs casually as manageable, you pull your phone out to read the text. 'If things look like they're going south, I have an EMP ready in hopes her guards are riddled with enough implants to be rendered useless. But so will I. If it comes to that, you will need to carry me out of here. I am trusting you with my life. Don't make me regret that." \n\nFor once in your life, you're grateful to have been too poor to ever afford and implants. Being completely organic is finally paying off. The notion of hauling Locust out of the scene is not comforting, however. \n\nThe Client is now looking over the files, and her small smile fades into a frown. “This isn't right. None of these memories are right...” She says under her breath. You start preparing yourself to run. It is going to happen. “I am afraid, Locust, that I can not accept this. And what is worse, this seems like some attempt to mislead me. After the investment I made in your and your partner, I had hoped for more.” \n\nYou see the guard by her side stand, and start reaching behind his back. At the same time, you see no movement from Locust, and only hear him speak the word “Now,” before everyone collapses besides you and your Client. Where did he even have the device for the EMP? You hadn't seen him move at all. Right now it didn't matter. You go to pick Locust up, finding him surprisingly heavy, [[and drag him outside.|rough ending]]
“So what happens now?” You ask. You've done your part of the deal. You assume he wants to be rid of you as soon as possible. But you don't know how much you trust him to pay you. \n\n“I turn this in to our employers, and we disappear for a while,” he replies. He pauses for a moments consideration. “Do you want to [[meet them?”|go to see client]] he offers. You're not sure. A part of you would really rather [[just go home.|go home safe]]
\n[img[computer room.jpg]]\n\nYou have to commit to this. If you don't, you know you'll catch hell from Locust. He already has reservations about your usefulness. Your ID should get you through the door. If not, then at least you have a reason to return empty handed. You make it to the door and swipe the ID to grant you the clearance you need to enter the room. The red light above the door knob switches green, and you're in. As you walk through, you catch a glimpse of a security guard with his attention on you, just down the hall. Hopefully he stays down there and doesn't decide to investigate you any further. Getting into the room without any trouble should be enough to convince most that you're supposed to be there. \n\nThe room is cool, but not unpleasant. The cameras that usually survey the space are dead. Locust made good on his end. At least he was good for something besides bossing you around. You need to get to work. Shutting the door behind you, you look around the room. The drives are crammed everywhere. Towers of massive, humming machines all keeping their data safe. It could take you hours to find the right one. But searching the database on the sole computer in the room might end up causing more problems. You need to make the call now. Taking too long to do what they think is routine maintenance is only going to make things worse for you. [[Do you check each drive|search drives seperately]], or try and [[access the computer|search computer]]?
[img[computer room.jpg]]\nYou try and access the computer. It should have a directory with all of the files kept in storage here. Speed is a necessity right now; you can cover your tracks later. You wake the computer up, giving it a moment to boot and for the screen to turn on. \n\nOf course, it has a password on it. And this isn't something you can just swipe your card for. Trying to guess the password is too dangerous. \n\nJust as you're about to give up on the idea, the screen glitches, and someone remotes in. Locust must have gotten the same idea, and he's actually equipped to take this kind of thing on. After working his magic on the other side, the password seems to fill in on its own and access is granted to you. The only text on the screen is a search box and a cursor flashing inside of it. It seems like Locust doesn't trust you to remember the target's name, the information filling in on its own. \n\nLucas Ayres. That was his name. You didn't want to admit that you'd gotten a bit hazy on that detail. Had you gone and just looked through each drive, you might of ended up pulling the wrong one. \n\nThe search program shuffles through all the files in less than a second to find the one you're looking for. [[Shelf H, number 19. That's where they're keeping him.|download human inturrupted ]]
[img[sewers.jpg]]\nYou're going to have to make a very precise jump to get into that man hole without causing some serious damage to yourself, and at the speed you're running, that's looking nearly impossible. But a broken arm is better than being run over. Still running at full speed, you drop into a slide and slip into the man hole, wildly grasping for a ladder rung before you break your legs in the fall. You catch one, and nearly dislocate your arm in the process. It takes everything you have not to let go from the pain. The car drives right over you. You're safe, but not for long. Mustering up your quickly draining energy, you start making your way down the ladder and into the sewers. You have no idea where to go from here. You've never navigated them before. Well, you know it runs the same direction as the street you were on. You'll just have to keep an internal map in your head, and try to stay as close to on target as possible. Even if you don't end up directly under the building, a block away is better than nothing. Once you make it to the bottom, you give your eyes a moment to adjust, and [[make your way toward what you hope is the way point.|sewer progress]]
If you stay on the roads, you can use the alleys and turns and twists in the streets to lose them. Getting on the roofs would just end up pinning you down once you reach a jump you can't make. You don't waste any time, taking the first right turn and getting off the main road immediately. All you have to do is lose them long enough to reach the way point. \n\nYou keep at it, running as fast as your legs will take you, making as many turns as possible and staying off the main roads. That's when you hear the vehicle behind you. They've spotted you, and they're not on foot. You need to get into an alley, fast. The narrow, pothole riddled back road doesn't stop them. The car rams through trash cans, swerves around dumpsters, and is closing in. You see a man hole open, just down the road. [[You could dive down there,|take the sewer]] or still try and shake the car by [[taking to the roofs.|go to the roofs]]
[img[computer room.jpg]]\nIt's been over half an hour looking over these drives, and none of them are bringing on a sense of familiarity. A knock comes at the door, and you freeze. “Is everything alright in there? We were told this was just a routine check. They usually don't take this long,” a voice says from the other side. He sounds skeptical. \n\n“Almost done, please keep the door shut. I don't want any debris flying into the room while I have these cases open,” you call back. Five minutes, that's all they'll give you before barging in. You need to make a decision now. It has to be one of these. [[Lucas Ayres|choose lucas]], [[or Lucy Anders|choose lucy]]? They both sound so close, you're not sure. But you have to choose.
[img[way point.jpg]]\nAfter carefully traversing the next few blocks, making sure to take the most round about way there, you get to the way point. It seems safe; you don't see anyone following you, or any cars parked where they shouldn't be. \n\nAfter one more look around, you climb the chain link fence that surrounds the perimeter of the building and walk through the muddy lawn. It's an old scrap yard and the soil is red with rust. The building its self is barely put together, the metal sheeting slowly rotting away. Sliding the door open, you see Locust. He's been waiting for you, laptop open, tracking your movements. Out in public he doesn't dare show his face, even here. A mask hides his identity, not looking too unlike his namesake. His hair is hidden under the hood of his jacket, but a few stray blue dreads escape it. “Do you have it?” He asks, holding out his hand. You pull the flash key from your pocket, and [[place it in his palm.|who is it]]
LostReach, aka Erin Conley
No, this target isn't worth the years in prison. There will be others, maybe worth even more. [[Let Locust scream at you|return empty]]. He's not the one putting his neck on the line. \n\n
[img[computer room.jpg]]\nYou go with Lucy. That sounds about right. If it isn't, maybe you'll be able to convince Locust this person is also somehow important. Anyone who's in this place should be worth something. Quickly, you jam the flash key you kept hidden in your pocket into the drive and will the files to download faster than the agonizing pace they're currently going at. \n\nThe knock comes again, this time with more force. They're done giving you the benefit of the doubt. On the other side of that door, you're almost sure they're ready to grab and question you. The flash key is moving agonizingly slow. You hear the slide of a security card, and the chirp of the door granting them access. They're done waiting. They're going to come and get you. Just as you hear the door latch click, you see the key finish copying the files. Snatching it out of the drive and shutting the case, you back up against the wall next to the door. The room has no windows, no other way out besides that door. If you're lucky, they'll be too focused looking ahead to notice you, and you [[can slip out....|escape into hall]]
[img[lobby space.jpg]]\nAn alarm goes off over your head as you tear down the hall. You can see the lobby just up ahead and metal plates sliding out to bar the doors closed. This isn't good. You're going to be trapped. \n\nSuddenly, the alarm starts to break up, as if being interrupted. The lights flicker, and the plates over the doors stop moving. Locust must have seen the building light up on his end and put a stop to it as best as he could. You know it won't hold out long, though. As you leap over the counter, a bullet whizzes past your head. Now they're shooting at you. Wonderful. The building's security seems to be winning out over Locust's hacking, the plates shuddering, eager to continue to slide into place. \n\nYou make it to the door as another bullet ricochets off the wall, and squeeze between the threshold and the security plate. This would certainly be a bad time for the security to regain control. Thankfully, it holds out just until you make it through, and slides completely shut behind you. It will take a few precious moments for the guards to wait for the doors to reopen to follow you. You have to take advantage of every second. You know the layout of the city fairly well. But would it be better to [[stay on the roads|stay on the street]], [[or get up onto the rooftops?|go to the roofs]]